A healthy top soil is made up of many components. It has about 45% of rock material, 25% water, 25% air, and about 5% organic matter. The 45% rock material is composed of various amount of three different sizes of soil particles: sand, silt, and clay.
The rock materials are classified into group according to their particle sizes. Soil texture is the measure of how much different sizes of rock materials such as sand, silt, and clay in the soil. Soil texture determines the water infiltration and retention of the soil. Soil that is best for growing most crops is called "Loam". This type of soil contains rock materials of clay, silt, and sand in the amount of 20%, 40%, and 40% respectively.
Soil structure describes how soil particles are arranged and bound together. Soil structure effects the oxygen movement in the soil, the water infiltration and retention of the soil, the level of microbial activities in the soil, and the depth and amount of roots growth. A good healthy soil should have about 45%, 25%, and 25% of rock material, water, and air respectively.
Soil contains somewhere between 1% to 5% of organic matter (OM). Most soil today contains about 1% of OM. Organic matter is composed of a once-living organisms in its various stages of decomposition and end products such as humus. The decomposition of once-living plants and animals is carried out by various soil microbes. This 1-5% of organic matter in the soil greatly effects the soil structure hence the ability of the soil to support plants.
The amount and level of soil microbes influence the soil structure. The question is what kind and how much of soil microbes be should applied to influence soil structure. It is this part of the natural process that SoilBio1 was developed for in regard to soil structure. Within 3 to 10 days of application of SoilBio1 onto the soil, the soil structure will change.
- Next Generation of fertilizer ...For Sustainable Agriculture
- Universally Applicable...SoilBio1 is formulated to work in all soil types and climates. It is not crop specific. It works equally well on all agricultural crops, horticultural plants, shrubs, tree, pastures and turf.
- Enhances the natural flavor and taste of fruits and vegetables... SoilBio1 optimizes the nutrient and enzymatic uptake of plants. It mediates the optimum utilization of macro and micronutrients, as well as various enzymes associated with the metabolic activity of plants and soil.
- Improve soil Fertility... Fundamental and rapid improvement of soil structure is immediately observable. Soils become aerated. Water infiltration and retention are improved.
- Vibrant Growth... SoilBio1 profoundly affects the complex chemical and biological systems associated with crop nutrition and soil fertility.
- Over all Performance... SoilBio1 increases yield, protects plants from insects and diseases, improves drought resistance.